1955 Chevy Bel Air Model
1:24 scale Die-cast American Classic Model Car – Red
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Model vehicle accurately captures the look and feel of the 1955 Chevy Bel-Air. It has the following features:
- 1:24 Scale
- Die Cast Model
- Highly Collectable
- Officially licensed markings
- Realistic features
- Doors, Hood & Trunk openable
- Superior Quality
The 1955 Chevrolet (sometimes referred to as ’55 Chevy) is an automobile that was made by Chevrolet in 1955. It is considered a huge turning point for the manufacturer and a major success. It was available in three models: the 150, 210, and Bel Air.
In 1955, Chevrolet decided to fit its new car with an overhead valve V8 engine design, which was similar to the 1949 Oldsmobile “Rocket 88” V8 engine which was an earlier GM success. Chevy’s new 265-cubic-inch overhead valve V8 was designed to be smaller, lighter, and more powerful than previous V8s in the auto industry, and would come to be known as the “Chevy small block”.
There were nine different variations of the three models made in 1955, with differences in body, roof type, number of doors, and available equipment, but not all possible combinations were sold.
- 4 Door Sedan
- 2 Door Sedan
- Club Coupe
- Utility Sedan
- Sport Coupe
- Nomad Wagon
- 2 Door Station Wagon
- 4 Door Station Wagon
- Sedan Delivery
The following engines were available on the 1955 Chevrolet:
- OHV Inline 6 cylinder: 235 cubic inches, 135 brake horsepower (SAE)
- OHV V8: 265 cubic inches, 162 brake horsepower (SAE)
- OHV V8: 265 cubic inches, 180 brake horsepower (SAE), also known as the “Power Pack” engine
- OHV V8: 265 cubic inches, 195 brake horsepower (SAE), late in the model year, known as the “Super Power Pack”
The 265 was a big success, and was fitted to the majority of Chevrolet cars for decades in various cubic inch displacements. It is commonly referred to as the “Small Block Chevy” motor.
- Manufacturer: Chevrolet
- Model: hardtop, sedan, covertible, station wagon
- Year: 1955-1957
- Body Style: 2-4 door
- Engine: 215.5 cu in (3.5 L) Thriftmaster I6, 235.5 cu in (3.9 L) Blue Flame I6, 265 cu in (4.3 L) Small-Block V8, 283 cu in (4.6 L) Small-Block V8 (1957)
- Transmission: 3-speed manual, 2-speed Powerglide auto, 3-speed Turboglide auto.
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Model Specifications
Material: Premium Die Cast
Designed in: USA
Made in: China
Approx Size: 20cm x 8cm x 6cm
Approx Weight: 550.00 grams
Shipping: Free within Australia (International Shipping available – taxes and custom charges may apply. Please refer to your country’s specific tax and customs policy before ordering.)